French big-box group E.Leclerc has reported FY2018 sales of EUR37.75 billion (ex. fuel), a 1.5% increase compared to last year.
- Overall market share of the company is 20.4%.
- Turnover increased 59.2% compared to 30% in 2017.
- Drive revenue was up 6.9% and sales by 29.7% overall.
- Sales growth of pharmacies rose 7.2% and its opticians network to 10.6%.
- Sales of the Marque Repère private label brands increased 1.2% to hold 19.7% of private label market share.
- FMCG sales made good progress with an increase of 1.1% compared to 2017.
- Overall own-brand sales were down 0.7% at the end of 2018.
Other key factors that represent company’s growth at the end of 2018:
- Total sales (inc. fuel) were EUR46.62 billion.
- Total number of hypers/supers and Express outlets in France was 691.
- Total number of E.Leclerc Drive locations are 652.
- Total number of international stores are 99.
- Total number of specialist retailers are 1924.
The company also offers its concepts to develop sales with 220 E.Leclerc Cultural Spaces, 119 Brico-Jardi-E.Leclerc Pet Shop, 115 E.Leclerc Auto Centres, 119 "One Hour" perfumeries se", 266 drugstores and 79 Optiques E.Leclerc. In 2018, the company opened its first Marché Bio stores dedicated to organic products with a range of specialist brands. In Leclerc stores and E,Leclerc Drive sales of organic products grew 4.2% compared to 3.5% last year.