Metro AG has reported its full Q1 2018/19 results for the period ended 31 December 2018. Metro AG reiterated its forecast for the year and expects that EBITDA will fall by 2-6% this year as it seeks to restructure its Russia business.
- Sales declined 0.6% to EUR8.02 billion, compared to EUR8.07 billion in previous year (PY). Like-for-like (LFL) sales grew by 2.3%.
- Germany sales declined 1.3% to EUR1.35 billion compared to EUR1.37 billion in PY, LFL sales declined slightly by -0.2%.
- Western Europe (excl. Germany) sales increased 1.2% to EUR2.9 billion as compared to EUR2.8 in PY. LFL sales increased by 1%.
- Russia sales decreased 11.9% to EUR0.8 billion as compared to EUR0.9 billion in PY. LFL sales declined by -2.8%.
- Eastern Europe (excl. Russia) sales increased 0.8% to EUR1.86 billion as compared to EUR1.84 billion in PY. LFL sales increased by 6.4%.
- Asia sales increased 3.3% to EUR1.07 billion as compared to EUR1.04 billion in PY. LFL sales increased by 5.9%.
At the end of 31 December 2018, retailer operated 771 stores compared to 760 stores on the same date in the prior year. In Q1 2018/19, two stores were opened, one in China and one in Turkey.
Discontinued Operations (Real)
- The Real Hypermarket is up for sale and is reported as discontinued operations as of 30 September 2018.
- Real sales decreased by -1.7% to EUR2.0 billion, while LFL sales slightly declined by -0.6%.
Source: Metro AG